We help building owners obtain LEED points in order to achieve Silver, Gold and Platinum Certification for New Construction (NC) or Existing Buildings (EB).
Our services include:
- Air Quality Testing/Sampling Option – Pre-Occupancy Testing/Sampling – for LEED 3.2 Credits
The LEED testing requires sampling/testing for:
- Particulates (PM10)
- Total VOC’s
- Carbon Monoxide
NOTE: The number of tests is determined by the number of HVAC units, number of occupied floors and square footage of interior space. The minimum sampling/testing period is four hours.
- Assisting in building design for air quality, tobacco smoke, outdoor emissions; selection of Environmental safe products in coating, finishes, materials, adhesives, recycled products, disposal of replaced building materials and contents
- Testing where complaints of air quality or environmental quality exist
- Surveys for asbestos, lead, VOC’s, formaldehyde, illumination, carbon monoxide, mold, allergens, bacteria, radon, dusts, noise and unknowns
- Assistance in removal of hazardous substances
What is a green building and what are the benefits?
A green building is one whose design, construction and operation have given careful consideration to these three main elements:
- Construction with thoughtful use of natural resources
- Maximum energy efficiency
- Healthy indoor environment
In addition to minimizing the environmental impact of a building through the use of recycled products, minimal environmental impact and low carbon footprint, green buildings provide a healthy and comfortable working and living environment for the occupants. The key is sustainable development, defined as “development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs” (World Commission on Environment and Development). Benefits of committing to green buildings include:
- Lower operating costs
- Increased building value
- Increased employee productivity
- Lower employee illnesses and absences
- Qualify for tax rebates from cities and states
- Fewer system failures and interruptions
- Longer building life
- Recognition as a responsible business and leader in environmental preservation
What is LEED certification?
The United States Green Building Council (USGBC), a non-profit independent organization established in 1993, has a rating system for rating Green Buildings called “Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design” (LEED). There are five main categories of evaluation leading to certification:
- Sustainable site
- Water efficiency
- Energy and atmosphere
- Materials and resources
- Indoor environmental quality
Atlantic Environmental provides a wide range of services leading to LEED certification for buildings to achieve Silver, Gold and Platinum Certification for New Construction or Existing Buildings. USGBC started the LEED rating system in 1998. We are members of the USGBC. For more information contact Robert Sheriff at 1-800-344-4414.
Our primary service areas for LEED Pre-Occupancy IAQ Testing/Sampling are: NJ, NY, NYC, PA, CT, DE, MA, RI, Wash DC, WI, MD, MI, IL, VA, IN, GA, AL, NC, SC, TN, TX, OK, DC, AR, we can service most other areas of the U.S. but with some added travel charges.